Nicole graduated from University of Malaya with an LL.B (Hons) (Second Class Upper) in 2008 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2009.
Her core practice areas include commercial, corporate, anti-trust & competition law and compliance laws.
Nicole counsels local and international clients in connection with their business strategy, foreign direct investment, mergers & acquisitions exercise, joint venture, project negotiations, real estate and property matters, corporate loans, project financing, regulatory compliance and contractual relationships from various industries, e.g. renewable energy, property development, medical device. She provides advice on all forms of commercial contracts to support clients’ day-to-day and strategic business activities.
An integral part of Nicole’s practice is competition law. She works with clients on competition law issues, including reviewing distribution agreements, complex rebates and marketing strategy. She is a key member of the team who represented a leading low-cost airline to resist an antitrust and competition prosecution at the Competition Appeal Tribunal and a final non-infringement verdict from the MyCC for its first abuse of dominance decision against a steel manufacturer on margin squeeze. Besides assisting clients in strategising and defending investigations, handling appeal to the Competition Appeal Tribunal and judicial review before the High Court.
She has experience in anti-dumping and safeguards cases having been involved in the investigations initiated in Malaysia as well as abroad. She also has experience in oil and gas sector commercial work including risk service contracts, EPCC contracts.
Nicole regularly speaks at law seminars and conducts compliance trainings for clients.
- Speaker – “Competition Act 2010: Its Effect on Legal Practice & Businesses Understanding the Act & its Consequences” workshop organised by CrimsonLogic
- Presenter – YLC Seminar on The Fundamentals Of Competition Law And Case Study On The MAS/AirAsia Case organised by the KLBC Young Lawyers Committee
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for AirAsia Berhad
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for FFM Marketing
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for Lion Group
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for MICCI Sabah and Sabah law Association
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for Mitsubishi Electric
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for NGK Spark Plugs
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for Northport (Malaysia)
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for PPB Group
- Presenter – Competition Law Compliance Training for Ranhill Group
- Presenter – Competition Law Workshop for Malaysian Interior Industry Partners
- Contributor to Lexology – “Regulating Mobile App-based Ride Hailing Services in Malaysia”
- Contributor to Lexology – “BNM, MyCC: Accord Turns Sour?”
- Contributor to Lexology – “MyCC cleared Megasteel from abuse of dominance complaint”
- Contributor to Lexology – “CAT overturned MyCC’s market sharing object decision”